Friday, December 25, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS : A Testimony

Here at Reading For Sanity we we wish all of you
who might be celebrating with us a
Merry Christmas!!!
Although I recognize that not everyone may share my personal beliefs, I couldn't let this Christmas go by without sharing my thoughts and feelings on the Savior.

I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe that He was sent to this earth by a loving Heavenly Father, to provide the perfect example for us and show us the way back to our heavenly home. I believe that He Atoned for my sins (and all of ours) in the Garden of Gethsemane and on the cross at Calvary, enduring unimaginable physical pain and emotional anguish. I can't even imagine the kind of love that must take. It shakes me to my very core to even think about losing a child this way. How our Heavenly Father must have trembled watching the pain of His Son. I believe that Jesus Christ was resurrected, as a final example of God's power and our ability to attain eternal life. He is MY Savior. I am so grateful for His gift to me and for the power, purpose, and direction that the gospel gives me in this live.

On a more site-appropriate note, I'd like to share the two most important books that I have read in my life. I believe that we have been given two essential books of scripture - my favorite books, if you will - that can guide us on our way back to our Father in Heaven. They are the Holy Bible and the Book of Mormon (see below)- each testify of Christ, of His divinity, life and mission on this earth. I have provided links below for any who might be interested in reading them for yourselves. I believe that we are all entitled to personal inspiration and heavenly revelation in our lives. I have read these books and felt the profound spirit and inescapable peace that they bring with them. I invite you all to do the same.

Have a wonderful Christmas,

Mindy Oja (Blog Administrator of Reading For Sanity)

___________________________________

The Holy Bible (KJV) - click here to request a FREE copy

and

The Book of Mormon - click here to request a FREE copy
__________________________________________

Additional links:

....yes, Mormons believe in the Bible. See.

...here is the most amazing testimony of the Atonement that I have ever heard.

...to learn more about my personal beliefs as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, click here.
_________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment